Wednesday, June 1, 2011

beat the burn

I have a sunburn :( it hurts. really bad. I didn't get out of bed for over an hour after I woke up because it hurt to move my arms. So what do i do about it? scour the Internet for home remedies for sunburn pain. well, the most popular is to make a paste of apple cider vinegar and baking soda, spread it on the burned area and let dry, then wash off with really cold water. Since I use these to wash my hair with I already have an abundance on hand so I will be giving it a try once hubby gets home from fishing(again) so he can help me reach my burned back. Maybe next day in the sun I should use some sun block?? Yeah, definitely! Also, Robbie said he and Mikey have caught enough fish to have them for supper so I am going to try this recipe:

Spicey Fried Fish

Ingredients

  • 2 cups dry potato flakes
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
  • 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, or to taste
  • 4 (6 ounce) fillets cod
  • 2 cups butter flavored shortening, for frying

Directions

  1. In medium bowl, combine the potato flakes, flour, garlic powder, seasoning salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
  2. Soak fish fillets in bowl of cold water.
  3. In a deep skillet or deep fryer, melt and heat the shortening to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  4. Dredge fish fillets in dry mixture and fry in the hot oil for 5 minutes or until fish flakes apart easily. Remove from oil and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment