Sunday, May 8, 2011

dandelion key hook picture frame

When I went to DAV the other day I got this cute picture frame with some key holder hooks on it.

This is actually a pic of the back, my camera was dead when I started painting so I improvised.
I'm definitly not into the whole folk art country hearts teddy bears and stars and stripes kinda thing so it needed a little tlc. Since everything in our living room is black well, I decided this little baby needed to be black too. So, out came the trusty flat black spray paint. The center picture was a flag. Not really my style so it became white. I painted a pretty little dandelion on it in black and I think it turned out FABULOUS!
The frame cost $4.95, a little expensive for a thrift store picture frame but I really liked it and had plans the second I saw it so.... I already had the paints so that didnt cost anything. So total for my adorable dandelion key hook picture frame: $4.95! And I LOVE IT! I'm going to find a couple of cute black and white pics to go in the spaces and it will be perfect. And once I get that painting I have planned finished it will match perfectly with the rest of the room. I am excited to get the rest done :)
Linky parties::
the girl creative
flamingo toes
I <3 naptime
sugarbee crafts
young nester

5 comments:

  1. Good eye! I love good thrift find! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your keyholder looks Fabulous!! Such a great idea ~ love the dandelion! I linked over from Sunburnt Cow, I just found their blog, but haven't linked up yet.
    Hope you have a Wonderful night!!
    Nancy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Sunburnt cow has some great stuff. And you have an adorable blog as well, I'm now a follower of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Maggie -

    I love how you made this picture frame into your own style. It just goes to show that it's good to keep an open mind when you see something as a giveaway or on sale. You can always remake it into your own style!

    Thanks so much for linking up to the Sunburnt Cow link party. I featured you over at All Thumbs Crafts.

    Cheers,
    Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Master Framing are the experts in framing in Sydney.
    We specialize in memorabilia framing, custom picture framing, canvas stretching and photo mounting.
    We have grown into one of the most competitive picture framers in New South Wales,
    offering a large range of picture frames and picture framing services.

    cheap framing sydney

    ReplyDelete